Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving...a time to remember

How many years ago was it? I would have to look it up. I was in California with two wonderful friends that had opened their home and hearts to me...the day after Thanksgiving I got the call...my Mom died. A heart attack. Getting ready for work. It was over...no longer did I have a Mom. No longer did my Mom have to worry about the bills, about feeling bad, about who loved her and who didn’t.


It's been a while since I allowed myself to think of that day. But tonight, my computer decided that it would put all the photos of me and my Mom on display in the automated photo display window. Thanks computer…I guess you think you’re a therapist now?

I don’t know, is there any value in remembering? Life is hard, death is even harder.

If only I could go back…if only…I would be more patient, more loving, more understanding. But, there is no going back, just learning from the past and hoping to be better.

I am thankful for the life I have now. I just wish my Mom was here to see it.

2 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish she were here to see you and your life too AB. But, honestly, she was always so proud of you and thankful to have YOU!

    ReplyDelete